We are hiring!
Are you passionate about hepatitis B? The Doherty Institute is accepting Expressions of Interest for a paid Project Officer (contractor) opportunity to develop and deliver a forum co-designed with people living with hepatitis B to shape and inform research, policy and practice.
The Project Officer (Hepatitis B Community Perspective Project) is a Melbourne-based role that requires approx. 8 hours per fortnight for a period of 7 months. People with lived experience of hepatitis B desired and/or from communities affected by hepatitis B are encouraged to apply.
For the full EOI or to apply, click here.
Closes Wednesday 29th September 2021.
The Victorian Hepatitis B Alliance (VHBA) is an independent, multi-disciplinary community of practice that aims to build momentum behind the Victorian response to hepatitis B.
Who we are
VHBA formed in 2008. We consist of both individual members and organisational representatives, including multicultural and Indigenous health and social services, clinical service providers, researchers, community health services and individuals with an interest in hepatitis B.
- Australian Research Centre in Sex, Heath and Society
- Burnet Institute
- Cancer Council Victoria
- Centre for Ethnicity and Health
- Chinese Health Promotion Coalition
- Chinese Medical Association, Victoria
- Doherty Institute
- Hepatitis Victoria
- North Western Primary Health Network
- NSW Health
- St Vincent’s Health
- Women’s Health East
- Victorian Aboriginal Health Service
- Victorian African Health Action Network (VAHAN)
- Victorian HIV Hepatitis Integrated Training and Learning
What we do
The multi-disciplinary nature of VHBA creates a unique opportunity for networking and exchange of information and expertise. The VHBA Strategic Directions guide our work which includes:
- policy advocacy
- building community leadership
- workforce development.
VHBA has two sub-committees:
- Spotlight Sub-committee: organises an annual training and information event for community and health workers, held in July
- Advocacy Sub-committee: responds to advocacy issues related to the effective delivery of the Victorian Hepatitis B Strategy
The Doherty Institute is the secretariat for VHBA. If you would like to join VHBA or to know more about us, please email email@example.com