"We are not waiting: innovations for a hepatitis B free Victoria"
Date: Thursday 3rd August 2023 | Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Woodward Conference Centre, Level 10 - 185 Pelham St, Carlton
Free lunch and tea included
The Spotlight on hepatitis B is an annual workforce development initiative coordinated by the Victorian Hepatitis B Alliance (VHBA). Spotlight on hepatitis B aims to improve the treatment, management and care of people living with chronic hepatitis B.
After the 2022 spotlight focusing to the need for re-engagement in light of pandemic disruptions to health services, this year's theme aligns with the global theme of the World Hepatitis Day "We are not waiting: innovations for hepatitis B free Victoria"
This year Spotlight will cover below themes and topics:
- Spotlight 15th anniversary reflection
- Engagement of cancer and legal workforce, and Victorian Local Public Health Units
- Hepatitis B care for everyone and hepatitis B cure
- Panel discussion of people living with hepatitis B
This event welcomes:
- Health workers, midwives, community workers, clinicians
- People affected by hepatitis B
- People working with communities affected by hepatitis B
Speakers will include:
Leearna Earwicker - Gippsland Region Public Health Unit
David Carter – Health & Law Project, University of Technology Sydney
Thomas Tu – Westmead Insitute of Medical Research, The University of Sydney
Gabrielle Bennett – Victorian Viral Hepatitis Educator – St Vincent’s Melbourne
Elizabeth Birbilis – Victorian Government Department of Health
A person with lived experience of chronic hepatitis B
Other speakers include: Benjamin Cowie, Jennifer MacLachlan, Piergiorgio Moro, Jack Wallace, Nafisa Yussf
VHBA Spotlight Regional Scholarships
VHBA Spotlight Regional Scholarships – Limited number, so get in quick!
Up to $1000 to support regional workers participate in VHBA - money can be used for transport, overnight accommodation, time away from work
- Regional areas defined as https://www.rdv.vic.gov.au/victorias-regions
- Small 300 word refection required following attendance at the VHBA Spotlight event
- Available to community members, GPs, Nurses, allied health, Aboriginal Health workers and community staff.