The Victorian Hepatitis B Alliance (VHBA) is an independent, multi-disciplinary community of practice that aims to build momentum behind the Victorian response to hepatitis B.
Who we are
VHBA formed in 2008. We consist of both individual members and organisational representatives, including multicultural and Indigenous health and social services, clinical service providers, researchers, community health services and individuals with an interest in hepatitis B.
Download the Victorian Hepatitis B Alliance Terms of Reference
- Burnet Institute
- Cancer Council Victoria
- Centre for Ethnicity and Health
- Chinese Health Promotion Coalition
- Chinese Medical Association, Victoria
- Doherty Institute
- North Western Primary Health Network
- NSW Health
- St Vincent’s Health
- Victorian Aboriginal Health Service
- Victorian African Health Action Network (VAHAN)
- Victorian HIV Hepatitis Integrated Training and Learning
- Women’s Health East
What we do
The multi-disciplinary nature of VHBA creates a unique opportunity for networking and exchange of information and expertise. The VHBA Strategic Directions guide our work which includes:
- policy advocacy
- building community leadership
- workforce development.
VHBA has two sub-committees:
- Spotlight Sub-committee: organises an annual training and information event for community and health workers, held in July
- Advocacy Sub-committee: responds to advocacy issues related to the effective delivery of the Victorian Hepatitis B Strategy
Community Perspectives Project
The Hepatitis B Community Perspectives Project is a community co-designed project with people living with hepatitis B, developed by the VHBA and funded by the Victorian Department of Health.
The project aims to explore the diverse experiences of living with hepatitis B.
Take a look at our Community Perspectives Project video, where Huy tells his story of living with hepatitis B, and our podcast episode developed with North Richmond Community Health Centre, where Mei shares her experiences of living with hepatitis B.
The Doherty Institute is the secretariat for VHBA. If you would like to join VHBA or to know more about us, please email email@example.com