How to apply
- We recommend that the researchers first check with the VC2 team for availability of data and biospecimens by emailing VC2firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your email details including:
- Type(s) of sample required
- Quantity of each sample
- Timepoints pre-post vaccination
- Any other specific clinical/demographic criteria
- Please complete the VC2 sample access application form.
- The completed form should be returned to VC2email@example.com.
Once the VC2 team have received the completed form:
- The VC2 team will check if there are enough appropriate samples available. If so, the application will be screened for eligibility and sent to the Scientific Review Committee. If not, you will be notified and can adjust the application as needed.
- The application will be assessed by the Scientific Review Committee. You will be notified of the outcome within 4 weeks of application submission.
- If your application is approved, the VC2 team will liaise with the Principal Investigator to organise a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), sample shipment and/or data transfer.
- Any amendments to the original application may have to be re-assessed by the Scientific Review Committee.
Applications will be sent for review if:
- The study has been reviewed by a NHMRC or equivalent human research ethics committee (HREC).
- Requested samples (type and quantity) are available.
The application will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Scientific validity and feasibility
- Innovation of proposed study (and non-duplication of existing data/investigations)
- Impact of study including clinical, basic science and public health impact
- Overall coherence, quality and collaborative potential of application