Dr Sebastian Duchene
(03) 8344 3971 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARC DECRA Research Fellow
- Viral Infectious Diseases, Antimicrobial Resistance
- Discovery Research, Computational Science and Genomics
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology (DMI)
Sebastian joined the Doherty Institute in early 2019 as an Australian Research Council DECRA fellow. He previously held a McKenzie fellowship at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Melbourne. He obtained his PhD and conducted postdoctoral work at the University of Sydney under the supervision of Professor Edward Holmes and Professor Simon Ho. His work at the University of Sydney involved understanding the timescales over which viruses and bacteria evolve. At present he is developing approaches to leverage genome data with epidemiological information in outbreaks of viruses and bacteria.