Professor Karena Waller
(03) 8344 0045 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Program Director, Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Antimicrobial Resistance, Bacterial and Parasitic Infections
- Education & Professional Development
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology (DMI) , The University of Melbourne
Karena Waller is a Professor in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. Karena joined the Department’s academic teaching staff in 2010 after completing 15 years in local and international malaria research. Today, Karena contributes significantly to the teaching and learning of microbiology and immunology to second and third year Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Biomedicine students. In addition to her role as lecturer and subject coordinator, Karena is also the Academic Programs Coordinator, Majors Coordinator and the Exchange/Global Mobility Coordinator for the Department. External to the Department, Karena sits on numerous School, Faculty, Institute and University Committees, primarily focusing on teaching and learning, student experience and engagement, and academic governance and program management.