Liver cancer prevention: linking viral hepatitis diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes
This data linkage project examines the burden of viral hepatitis and associated adverse outcomes in Victoria, and the uptake and effectiveness of interventions such as antiviral treatment and liver cancer surveillance of reducing the impact of these infections.
Dr George Mnatzaganian
0405 825 658 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viral Infectious Diseases
- Public Health
- Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory (VIDRL), WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis
- Lab Group(s):
- Cowie Group
George Mnatzaganian is a clinical epidemiologist, a methodologist with advanced quantitative research skills and experience in analysing large, linked datasets and routinely collected hospital and administrative data. George’s Bachelor and Master degrees were from the Hebrew University, Israel and his PhD in Epidemiology was from the University of Adelaide. George’s has generated research income of AUS$1.84 million. He has over 55 publications in peer-reviewed journals. George’s Google Scholar h-index is 22.
- Epidemiologist – The Doherty Institute
- Senior Lecturer – La Trobe University
Current professional memberships
- International Epidemiological Association
- Australasian Epidemiological Association