Dr Deborah Williamson
(03) 8344 5470 | [email protected]
- Deputy Director of the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL)
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infections, Host Pathogens Interactions , Enteric infections, Emerging Infections
- Translational and Clinical Research, Education & Professional Development, Epidemiology, Genomics, Global Health, Public Health
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology (DMI) , Microbiological Diagnostic Unit (MDU) Public Health Laboratory, Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory (VIDRL)
Dr Deborah Williamson is a Clinical Microbiologist and researcher, and is Deputy Director of the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL). She is involved in the delivery of specialist public health laboratory services, and in the diagnosis and surveillance of communicable diseases. Her research interests include the molecular epidemiology and pathogenesis of infections caused by antimicrobial resistant pathogens, and the translation of genomic technologies to questions of public health importance.