Dr Alan Street
(03) 9342 9402 | [email protected]
- Deputy Director of the Victorian Infectious Diseases Service
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infections, Tuberculosis, Viral Infectious Diseases, HIV
- Translational and Clinical Research, Public Health
- Victorian Infectious Diseases Service (VIDS)
Dr Alan Street is Deputy Director of the Victorian Infectious Diseases Service. He graduated from the University of Melbourne and is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He undertook training in infectious diseases at Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital and at Duke University Medical Centre, North Carolina, USA. His main areas of interest in clinical infectious diseases are HIV, tuberculosis and optimisation of antibiotic use. He is head of the Royal Melbourne Hospital HIV Service and Senior Physician in the Tuberculosis Clinic.