Associate Professor Patrick Charles
(03) 9496 6676 | [email protected]
- Acting Director of Infectious Disease Unit, Austin Health
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infections, Host Pathogens Interactions , Immunology, Viral Infectious Diseases
- Discovery Research, Epidemiology, Public Health
- The University of Melbourne
Patrick is currently Acting Director of Infectious Disease Unit at Austin Health, as well as Deputy Director of General Medicine. He completed his PhD in 2008 on the Australian Community-Acquired Pneumonia Study (ACAPS) and has ongoing research interests in respiratory infections, C. difficile and the treatment of urinary tract infections.