Working at the Doherty Institute is a rich and inspiring experience.
The Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory (VIDRL) is a leading Australian infectious diseases public health laboratory that provides the Victorian Government with public health laboratory services in virology, bacteriology, mycobacteriology, parasitology and mycology, including surveillance, outbreak investigations, reference testing, test development and applied research.
The Project Officer will provide project support and outbreak response coordination for VIDRL. In this role you will:
- Plan, implement and coordinate key public health project work undertaken by VIDRL in partnership with external funding bodies
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for VIDRL’s participation in outbreak responses
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and self-direction in managing program activities
- Work collaboratively with a team of multi-disciplinary partners and other project managers
- Be highly organised, communicate effectively and set priorities to assist in completion and reporting of activities.
Visit the Melbourne Health careers page for position description and to apply.
Applications close Monday, 19 June.
Director - Strategy and Operations
The Doherty Institute is seeking an exceptional and visionary leader for the position of Director—Strategy & Operations, of the Cumming Global Centre for Pandemic Therapeutics. The Centre will focus on a new global-scale research program with the mission to develop therapeutics for pathogens of pandemic potential.
Working closely with the Centre Director, this position will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Centre, which includes overseeing governance, legal and financial processes, and risk management. The University of Melbourne's structures and systems will provide support to facilitate these tasks.
You will be expected to establish an operating model for the Centre, including the establishment of the Governance Board and Investor Council, development of funding mechanisms, and all components of the Centre.
Visit the University of Melbourne careers page for position description and to apply.
Applications close Friday, 23 June.
T:+61 3 9035 3555
E: Doherty Reception