Dr Deborah Williamson
(03) 8344 5470 | [email protected]
- Deputy Director of the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL)
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infections, Enteric infections
- Epidemiology, Genomics, Public Health
- Microbiological Diagnostic Unit (MDU) Public Health Laboratory
Dr Deborah Williamson is a Clinical Microbiologist and researcher, and is Deputy Director of the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL). She is involved in the delivery of specialist public health laboratory services, and in the diagnosis and surveillance of communicable diseases. Her research interests include the molecular epidemiology and pathogenesis of infections caused by antimicrobial resistant pathogens, and the translation of genomic technologies to questions of public health importance.